HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR JEWELRY:
How To Wear:
The more intentional you are about caring for your jewelry, the longer it will last.
Remove your jewelry before doing any activity that risks physical damage.
As a general care tip, your jewelry should be the last thing you put on before going out and the first thing you remove upon coming home.
How to Store:
When not being worn, store in a safe, dry place to protect against the elements of daily exposure.
Store pieces separately to avoid damage.
Ensure pieces are completely dry before storing.
- Your Mazza Boutique stainless steel products are hypo-allergenic. Stainless steel is durable and resists corrosion and oxidation. Our jewelry will not rust, tarnish, or turn your skin green, even if worn daily. Like many other metals, stainless steel can get scratched and lose it's luster, therefore becoming dull. However, this does not mean you throw out your stainless steel jewelry since restoring it is easy to do and can be done right at home. Believe it or not, baking soda is a great cleaner for stainless steel jewelry. Making a thick paste of baking soda mixed with water, use a toothbrush to slowly clean your jewelry. Once you've cleaned it thoroughly take a lint-cloth to dry your piece an ensure it's completely dry. (YouTube has many videos that show how to do this). You can also purchase stainless steel jewelry cleaner online, such as Amazon.
- With proper care, your Mazza Boutique sterling silver pieces should give you many years of pleasure and enjoyment. Simple things - like paying attention to how you store, wear, and clean your sterling silver jewelry, can prolong its life dramatically. Remember to always store your jewelry in a dry and air-tight place. Wear your jewelry often, but be sure to remove it when showering, swimming, or working with certain chemicals or foods that contain sulfur. As a general rule, it’s always best to put on your jewelry last when getting dressed. These small and simple steps will help keep your sterling silver jewelry looking brilliant for years to come. We highly recommend using ‘Hagerty 15507 7-ounce Silver Cleaner, white’ to clean your sterling silver jewelry which can be purchased off of Amazon. We recommend using it once every 3 months. You dip your jewelry into the solution for about 1 minute, wash with cold water, then pat dry.
- Don’t wear your metal jewelry in the shower or swimming. Water can be very harsh on metals.
- Avoid storing brass and gold-plated jewelry in the bathroom or humid environments. Humidity is very bad for metals and will cause them to tarnish.
- To store your metal jewelry, wrap each piece in soft fabric and store in an airtight bag. Try to store each piece separately so that different materials don’t scratch one another.
- We suggest using either a non-abrasive jewelry cleaner or mild soap and water on your metal jewelry. Always make sure to wipe off with water and dry your jewelry completely after cleaning.
- Do not use any products that contain alcohol, this can ruin the finish.
- You can use a mix of baking soda, lemon juice and water. Scrub it on with a soft cloth or toothbrush, wipe off, and dry.
- After cleaning, you can buff your jewelry with a soft cloth to give it a nice finish.
18K Gold Vermeil:
Vermeil will naturally tarnish over time, especially when exposed to environmental factors like air pollution, moisture, and items that contain sulfur.
It is easy to restore the shine of gold vermeil jewelry.
Store in a safe, dry place. This will help to protect your pieces when they are not being worn.
Proactive maintenance is key. To keep tarnish from setting in, be sure to clean your pieces regularly by wiping them with a soft, dry cloth.
To remove tarnish, buff gently with a polishing cloth.
Worth noting: polishing cloths can be abrasive so apply gentle pressure and don’t over polish.
18K Gold Filled:
This metal is tarnish resistant, and can be worn in the water or pool.